SWEET & SOUR SHREDDED PORK BUTT (Fun with Leftovers!)
Perfect way to serve leftover Pork Butt – fruity and flavorful, and unexpected
For the sauce:
- 3T corn starch
- 1.5 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup shoyu
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 2 orange bell peppers, diced
- 4 vidalia onions, diced
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 6-8 cups leftover shredded pork, coarsely chopped
- 2 16 oz cans pineapple chunks (use juice for the sauce)
First, make your sauce:
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot til shimmering. Add onion and peppers and saute on medium until soft. Add the pork and stir completely. Add your sweet and sour sauce and allow to thicken.
- Add the pineapple chunks and stir completely.
- Serve with rice, or in wraps!