How to Cook a Rib Chop
These instructions are for the 1.5″ thick chops that you’ll find at DeBragga.com. We begin the cooking on the stove and finish it in the oven for a perfect crust and temperature.
- Rib Chop
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Take chop(s) out of the refrigerator and liberally salt and pepper on both sides. Let sit at room temperature for about an hour before cooking.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the skillet (I like cast iron for searing!) until it is very hot. Add chop(s) allowing plenty of room if cooking more than one. Brown 4 minutes on each side (don’t move them while cooking; you want a crust to form). Move the skillet into the oven.
- Let chop(s) roast until reaching an internal temperature of 125-130 for medium rare. Rest meat out of the pan on a serving plate or cutting board under tented foil for 10 minutes before carving to serve.
- If you grill…
- Set one half of your grill to a high heat and the other side to medium.
- Sear chops over high heat 4 minutes on each side, then move them to the medium side. Cook to the internal temperatures mentioned above.