Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast with Red Wine Truffle Sauce
Serving suggestions - mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, and great red wine.
- Beef tenderloin roast approx 3.5 lbs
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs Demiglace
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3.5 oz Black Truffle Butter
- 1 cup of red wine
- Bring roast to room temperature for 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 275- 300F.
- Rub olive oil onto the roast and season with salt and pepper and place on a sheet pan.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast for 45 minutes. Check the temperature at the center of the thickest part of the roast. You are shooting for 120 degrees for rare, up to 130for medium-rare. When it comes to temp, let it rest under tented foil for 10 minutes.
- In a small pan, reduce 1 cup of red wine by half.
- Add 3 Tbs of Demiglace to the pan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in 3.5 oz of Black Truffle Butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice roast into 1 " slices and plate. Spoon sauce over meat.