Wagyu Steak with Pickled Jalapeno & Green Tomato Chimichurri
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 12 minutes
- 1 large green tomato, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped with the seeds
- 1/2 cup of pickled jalapenos, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 small pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Wagyu Steaks (Buy Now)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Grill the green tomato.
- Set a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Brush the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until tomatoes soften and grill marks appear, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool, dice into small pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Make the chimichurri
- Combine remaining ingredients with the grilled tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Cook the Wagyu
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Brush the meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill about 3 minutes per side until medium rare.
- To check for doneness, insert an instant reading thermometer in the thickest part of the meat.
- The temperature reading should be 130 to 135°F for medium rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Carve the meat into 1-inch slices crosswise against the grain. Arrange the slices overlapping
- slightly on a platter and serve with pickled jalapeno & green tomato chimichurri on the side.