Filet Mignon Steaks with Red Wine Truffle SauceThis recipe works for both 6oz and 10oz filets.
Serving suggestions - mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, and great red wine.
- Filets of Beef
- 3 Tbs Demiglace
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3.5 oz Black Truffle Butter
- 1 cup of red wine
- Let your steaks come to room temperature for about 20 minutes before you cook them.
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Season your fillets on both sides with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat a skillet that will comfortably hold your filets over medium heat until very hot (alternatively, you could light a grill to the point of being ready to cook).
- Melt 2 Tbs of butter in the skillet and add the filets to the pan, raise the heat to high, and let them cook, undisturbed, for 3 minutes, Be sure not to overcrowd the pan; if you have many filets, cook them in batches.
- Turn the filets over and place your pan into your oven. For 2-inch thick filets, cook them in the oven for 4 minutes for rare, and 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the fillets to a cutting board to rest for several minutes before serving.
- Pour off any juices from the skillet and add red wine to the skillet. Reduce by 1/2.
- Add 3 Tbs of Demiglace to the pan and bring to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in 3. 5 oz of black truffle butter, season with salt and pepper.
Slice filet steaks or leave whole. Place on a plate. Spoon 2 Tbs sauce over the meat.