Lamb MeatloafAdding a bit of DeBragga’s grass-fed ground beef to our Naturally Raised ground lamb makes this meatloaf moist and balanced with rich, meaty flavor.
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 1 1/2 hours
- 2 lbs Naturally Raised Ground Lamb
- 1/2 lb ground New York State Grass-fed Beef
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup panko (bread crumbs, unseasoned)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, beef, eggs, Dijon mustard, chicken broth, and bread crumbs. Mix well. (Hands work best!)
- Heat a saute pan over medium low, add the olive oil, swirl to coat and heat, then add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and stirring occasionally, saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add cumin and thyme, stir well to coat vegetables, and continue to saute 2 minutes to cook the spices. Remove from heat.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the meat mixture and combine well, making sure vegetables are thoroughly spread throughout mixture. Transfer mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan and top with three slices of bacon. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand approximately 15 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley, and serve. We recommend serving with a green vegetable and mashed potatoes.