How to Cook a Kansas City Strip Steak
- 4 20oz Kansas City, Bone-In Strip Steaks, 1 ½ inches thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- heavy pan, preferably cast iron
- Take your steaks out of the refrigerator and let them rest about an hour before you plan to cook them.
- Heat your oven to 425.
- Season steaks on both sides with Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add steaks to hot pan and sear on each side cooking for 3 minutes per side, then move your pan immediately to the oven. For Rare, cook your steak to an internal temperature of 120; you’ll want to check the temperature after about 5 minutes in the oven, and know that the steaks will continue cooking as they rest. For Medium, cook steaks to an internal temperature of 125 and then remove from oven.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest under loosely tented foil for 10 minutes before serving.
- You can also Grill your Steak!
- Prepare half of your grill to very high heat, and the other side to medium.
- Sear the steaks over the high heat for 3 minutes on each side, then move them to the medium side. Cook to the internal temperatures above and proceed to rest before serving.