How to Cook a 20oz T-Bone Steak
- 20oz T-Bone Steak from DeBragga.com
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- Optional: 1.5 T vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pull steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature on the counter (45 minutes).
- Get a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) screamingly hot over very high heat on the stove.
- While that’s heating up, use a paper towel to pat your steak dry and season it on both sides with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- If your skillet is cast-iron and therefore seasoned, don’t add any oil. But, if it’s an unseasoned skillet, add about 1.5T of vegetable oil (I prefer Canola or safflower).
- Reduce the heat under the skillet a bit. Add your steak and enjoy the sizzle! Cook about 4 minutes on one side, flip and cook another 4 to get a nice sear on both sides.
- Transfer the skillet to the hot oven and for medium-rare, let it roast for about 6 minutes. Pull the steak and check temperature; you want to remove it from the oven at 120 degrees for medium-rare.
- Rest the steak on a platter for about 8 minutes so that the juices have a chance to redistribute, and the temperature can come up to about 125 degrees. Cut the steak away from the bone and carve it across the grain. Serves one massive steak lover, or two for dinner.