Sweet Onion Blues Burger TopperThere is something about the jammy sweetness of this low and slow cooked burger topper
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cup red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups dried figs (or dates, or apricots) diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 c crumbled bleu cheese (the ‘bleuer’ the better!)
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering.
- Add onions and saute on medium until they soften.
- Add dried fruit, turn until coated in the onions and oil, reduce heat, and let everything cook down until onions are very soft and translucent.
- Add brown sugar and the water. Cook it low and slow, until it looks jammy and wonderful.
- Serve burgers with a nice dollop of the warm mixture and crown with plenty of bleu cheese crumbles.