Stovetop Sweet Sausage with Sweet PotatoesGet dinner on the table with this minimum fuss, one-skillet recipe.
- Prep Time 40 minutes
Stovetop Sweet Sausage with Sweet Potatoes
- 3 T Olive oil
- 1 lb Sweet Sausage, 5 links
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 2 c sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced and diced
- 1 c white wine
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Prepare the Stovetop Sweet Sausage with Sweet Potatoes:
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet and brown your sausage on all sides over high heat. Remove to a dish and lightly cover.
- Lower heat to medium and add 1 cup of white wine, onions, garlic to pan and saute, turning often. Scrape up all those lovely sausage bits from the pan bottom.
- Saute for 5 minutes and add your sweet potatoes, 2 t Kosher Salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add your sausage back to the pan and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the end of the sausage registers 155 degrees.
- Serve with buttered cornbread.