How to Sear Flat Iron SteaksWhat’s not to love about tender flat irons crusted with crushed peppercorns and dazzling flaked salt?
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- 4 8 oz flat iron steaks
- 3 T crushed black peppercorns (smash them with your cast iron skillet, or run them through a coffee grinder
- 3 T Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- 3 T Olive oil
- 2 T Falk Salt Crystal Flake Sea Salt
- Bring flat irons to room temperature.
- Heat your skillet on high until a drop of oil sizzles.
- Pat the steaks dry and season with some Kosher salt.
- Put your crushed peppercorns on a plate and press steaks on all sides.
- Sear steaks for about 6 minutes on each side, and don’t cook past medium rare, about 135 internal temperature.
- Let steaks rest and top with the crystal salt.
- Don’t forget to slice them against the grain!