Pork Roast with Broccoli Rabe and Garlic
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 55 minutes
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 ½tsps. cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 TB olive oil
- One small GOS pork roast, 4-4.5lbs
- 2-3 TB olive oil
- 2-4 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-2 bunches of broccoli rabe (one bunch serves four people), trimmed, washed, dried, and roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator one hour before cooking; remove airtight packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the garlic, chipotle, cumin, thyme and salt in a small bowl, add olive oil, and whisk to combine well. Rub the marinade all over the pork roast, covering all surfaces, and let stand at room temperature until ready to roast.
- Heat oven to 350°F (alternatively, you can use a rotisserie on the grill to cook these small roasts with fantastic results; just set the roast on the rotisserie and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140°F; rest 15 minutes before carving).
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, and place in the center of the oven, cooking until the meat registers an internal temperature of 140°F, cooking for approximately 40 minutes (all ovens operate differently, so you may want to begin checking doneness at 30 minutes).
- Rest roast on cutting board for at least 15 minutes before slicing to serve, with broccoli rabe recipe (following).
Broccoli Rabe and Garlic
- In a casserole or low-sided pot large enough to hold all the broccoli rabe, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the broccoli rabe, season with salt, and cook, stirring, until the broccoli rabe wilts, 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.