Hot Sausage with Potato and Escarole SoupSpicy and rich, this soup will warm your soul on a chilly evening… and there’s a little surprise ingredient that takes it to the next level.
- Prep Time 90 minutes
Hot Sausage with Potato and Escarole Soup
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 lb Hot Sausage, 5 links
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 tiny white potatoes in 1/8ths*
- 1 c white wine
- 1 bunch escarole, trimmed, washed, torn into pieces
- 4 c chicken stock
- ½ c chopped parsley
- ¼ c freshly grated parmigiana
- 1 T butter melted with 1t excellent soy sauce
Prepare the Hot Sausage with Potato and Escarole Soup:
- Break up sausage and saute until browned in olive oil.
- Remove sausage, leaving drippings.
- Add potatoes to sausage oil and saute on medium hi heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Deglaze with wine, scraping up the sausage from the bottom of tha pan, add onions, garlic and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Add escarole and stir well.
- Add broth and sausage and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add melted butter and soy sauce mixture and stir well.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with chopped parsley and grated parmigiana, and even a drizzle of excellent olive oil.
*Cut the time by boiling tiny white potatoes ahead of time and cutting them in 1/8ths right into the soup!