Grilled Lamb Chops with RatatouilleHeight of summer vegetable dish with America's best lamb!
- Prep Time 45 minutes, 5 minutes for lamb chops
- Cook Time Grill over medium high heat about 3 minutes per side for rare , 4 minutes for medium
- 8 Elysian Fields 6 oz lamb loin chops (2 per person)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Dried thyme
- a 3/4-pound eggplant, sliced for grilling (about 3 cups)
- 1 small zucchini, scrubbed and sliced for grilling
- Sea salt
- 1 onion, sliced for grilling
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cored
- Olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3/4 pound small ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped coarsely (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chiffonade (cut into slices across the width)
- Blend garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper together with 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- Rub this marinade into the lamb. This step can be done the day before or one hour before.
- Grill over medium high heat for 3 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Slice for serving, along with the following recipe.
Prepare the eggplant and zucchini:
- Lay the slices on double thick paper towels and salt heavily; let drain for 20 minutes, flip the slices, and salt the other side. Let the moisture drain for another 20 minutes, pat the vegetables dry, and transfer them to a platter.