Grilled Chicken Marinated in Rosemary and Olive Oil
- Prep Time 6 hours
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- 2lb – 3-1/2 lb whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, slightly crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 large zip lock bags
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and rosemary in a small bowl. Extract juice from lemon into marinade adding lemon rind to mixture once completed.
- Divide marinade evenly into 2 zip lock bags.
- Place 2 pieces of chicken into each zip lock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for grilling. Place the chicken skin side down over medium-low heat for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until skin begins to peel.
- Turn chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes until done.
- Remove from grill. Let chicken cool to room temperature and chill in refrigerator.