Fast and Fabulous MostardaWe grew up with wonderful Mostarda at all of our meals. It is the perfect condiment. Try it with our salumi on a nice semolina roll…life-changing.
Serve it with simply everything, at any temp that makes you happy.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1.5 cups dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1.5 cups organic apricots, dried and cut into small pieces
- 2 T, crystallized ginger, minced finely
- 2 shallots, minced finely
- 1 cup dry white wine, or even dry champagne
- 6 T good white wine vinegar
- 4 T cold water
- 6 T white sugar
- 3 T butter (we like salted, but it’s up to you)
- 3 T whole grain mustard
- 3 T powdered mustard
- Into the saucepan and bring to a boil: Fruits, shallot, wine, vinegar, water, and white sugar
- Simmer on med-low for about 15 minutes, stirring to ensure the fruits are getting soft.
- Add in the butter and mustards.
- Simmer another 10 minutes on very low, stirring to a jammy consistency.
- We hold this in the fridge for 10 days, but it never lasts that long.
- Serve it with simply everything, at any temp that makes you happy.