Dry Aged Kansas City Strips with Black Button Bourbon-Thyme CremeThe rich smoky decadence of perfectly dry-aged steak napped with the ultimate bourbon sauce.
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- 4 20 oz Dry Aged Prime Kansas City Strips OR
4 20 oz Dry Aged Hand Select Kansas City Strips
- 1.5 cups Black Button Four Grain Bourbon
- 1/4 cup glace de veau mixed with ¼ cup water
- 4T butter
- 2T fresh thyme leaves + ½ t for finishing
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (Kampot Peppercorns)
- Heat oven to 400.
- Season steaks liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground Peugeot Poivre Noir Peppercorns and bring to room temperature for 1 hour on a plate.
- Heat your skillet on high until searingly hot. Blot your steaks thoroughly dry.
- Sear for 4 minutes on all sides. Place steaks on rimmed half pan and place in oven to complete cooking. Remove when steaks register 120 in center and allow to rest under tented foil on your cutting board.
- In the meantime, on a high flame, deglaze the pan with the bourbon; watch for flaming, scraping all of the browned bits up. Reduce a bit and add the butter and the glace de veau mixture and simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk occasionally.
- With flame on low add thyme leaves and whisk in cream.
- Add a liberal amount of fresh black pepper; Whisk lightly until sauce is smooth.
- Slice steaks and arrange on a platter, napping the Black Button Bourbon Crème over the top; finish with a sprinkle of thyme leaves, a scattering of Falk Salt Crystal Flakes, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Roasted Acorn Squash or Heirloom Mixed Carrots brushed with honey, brown sugar, olive oil and butter
- Pair perfectly with a glass of Black Button Four Grain Bourbon