BEEF TENDERLOIN FILETS WITH TRUFFLE SAUCE
Raise the bar for a special dinner with filet mignon and truffle butter!
- 2 filet mignons
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon veal demi-glace mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 generous tablespoons truffle butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup red wine
- Season the filets mignons with salt and pepper; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the demi-glace and water; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and sauté the filets mignons over high heat for 4 minutes a side for rare or 5 minutes a side for medium-rare. Remove the filets from the skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Discard all fat from the skillet. While the skillet is still hot, add the red wine, scraping the bottom of the pan. Reduce by half.
- Add the veal stock mixture, bring to a quick boil, then remove from heat and stir in the truffle butter to make a silky sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.