Whole Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Black Truffle SauceA perfect marriage of tender filet and black truffles – to you table in under an hour
- Prep Time 3 minutes
- Cook Time Less than 1 hour
- Whole Tenderloin
- 3 T Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 C Red Wine
- 3 T Glace de Veau
- 3.5 oz Black Truffle Butter
- Bring tenderloin to room temperature 2 hours before roasting.
- Heat oven to 450°
- Rub meat with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place on a rack inside a half sheet pan.
- Roast uncovered for 40 minutes. Check the internal temp at the center of the thick part of the roast. Shoot for 120 for rare, 130 for med-rare. Remove from oven and let rest under tented foil for 10 minutes.
- In a small pan, reduce the red wine by half. Add glace de veau and bring to a simmer, whisk in truffle butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice into 1” slices and spoon sauce over meat.