Kosher Salt-Baked Chicken
You are just two ingredients and about one hour away from the easiest, tastiest chicken that your whole family will love.
- 1 3.5 lb Chicken, room temperature
- 2 cups Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- Heat oven to 450. Use oven thermometer to ensure proper heating. This chicken likes a very hot oven.
- Rinse chicken in cool water and blot dry.
- Into an oven proof skillet or pan, sprinkle ½ cup Kosher Salt.
- Place chicken breast side up into the pan, and simply pile the salt all over the chicken on the top and sides. Pack the salt on it. If you think it’s too much, it isn’t.
- Roast for 1 hour. Remove from oven and insert meat thermometer into thigh not touching bone, and when it reads 165, turn off the oven and put the chicken on the stove top to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carefully chip away the salt covering, and gently with a lightly moistened paper towel, wipe most of the salt off.
- Slice and serve with your favorite potatoes and vegetable.