How to Cook Australian Wagyu Strip or RibeyeI don’t recommend grilling Wagyu. The pan sear method protects the delicate flavor and texture of true Wagyu beef while preventing serious flare-ups due to the intense marbling. You want the indirect heat to touch the internal fat so it emulsifies and turns into the beautifully unctuous eating experience you look for in Wagyu. I recommend cooking Wagyu to Rare-to-Medium-Rare for this reason.
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 18 minutes
- 12 oz Aussie Wagyu Strip or Ribeye Steaks
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- heavy skillet, preferably cast iron
- About 30 minutes before you want to cook your steaks, take them out of the refrigerator to bring them to room temperature.
- Salt and pepper your steaks.
- Heat your skillet until it is searing hot. Add steaks and sear 2 minutes on each side.
- Take the internal temperature of the steak and if it reads 125, remove steaks from the pan and let them rest 5 minutes under tented foil If the temperature is not yet at 125, lower your flame to medium and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on each side. Rest steaks and then slice and serve.