Herbed & Roasted Elysian Fields Rack of LambThis dish comes together fast and fail-proof, but it looks like you spent hours in the kitchen…that’s our little secret
- Prep Time 1 hr
- Cook Time 1 hr
For the rub:
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 T fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 T fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T Kosher salt
- 1 T fresh ground black pepper
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 Elysian Fields 9-Rib Lamb Rack
- Bring lamb to room temp out of its wrapping, about an hour.
- In the meantime, process the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and a steady drizzle of olive oil until a thick paste forms.
- Put the lamb on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with some salt and pepper. Place fat side up and rub or brush the paste all over the top and sides of the rack. Let sit on the counter for about an hour.
- Heat your oven to 450°. Make sure it is at temp when you put the lamb in. Roast for 20 minutes and check temp, away from any bones. It’s ready at med-rare when the temp reads 125° because it will ‘carryover cook’ while resting to around 128-130°.
- Take it out of the oven, tent with foil and wait 20 minutes before carving.
- We serve this dish with wedges of lemon, and tiny potatoes roasted in brown butter and grated lemon.