Game Day Grass-Fed Beef ChiliClassic Chili, turned up a notch!
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Cook Time 3 hours
- 2 lbs Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 5 Jalapeños, seeded and sliced thinly (adjust heat by adding or omitting seeds)
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, chopped coarsely
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 cup Glace de Veau
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 15 oz. cans Ro-Tel Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Chilis
- 2 15 oz cans Cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 15 oz cans Red Kidney beans, undrained
- 3T Hot Paprika or Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 2T Cumin
- 2T kosher salt
- 2T ground black pepper
- 2T scotch bonnet sauce, if you like it realllllly hot
Go with: shredded cheddar, shredded pepper jack, sour cream, chopped red onion, chopped scallions, crumbled corn chips
- Brown the beef in a large stock pot
- While that’s working, get your veggies ready and add to the pot when the beef is almost all browned. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the glace de veau and stir thoroughly until completely mixed in.
- Add the rest of your canned goods, stirring well after each addition.
- Let simmer for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes to ensure no sticking.
- Add your spices, salt and pepper, and the scotch bonnet sauce if you dare.
- Let simmer an additional hour on very low.
- Make it the day before serving because chili is always better the next day.