- 12 oz Japanese Wagyu Steak, strip or ribeye, from DeBragga
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring steak to room temperature.
- Cut it into four equal pieces, 3 ounces each.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or heaviest pan you have) over very high heat.
- When hot, add the wagyu pieces and sear for one minute per side.
- Remove to individual plates, rest a minute or two and . . .
- Arugula salad with Balsamic vinegar dressing
- Chutney of fresh pears or apples, cinnamon and roasted walnuts
- Port wine sauce