- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 5 pounds Idaho potatoes (about 4-5 large potatoes), scrubbed and patted dry
- 2 cups Kosher salt
- 1 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt & White Pepper
Make the jalapeno puree
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Halve 3 jalapeno peppers and carefully remove seeds. Rub the halved jalapeno peppers with oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes. While the peppers are cooking, halve the remaining raw jalapeno peppers and remove and discard seeds. Transfer both the roasted and raw peppers to a blender, add water and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Bake the potatoes
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Evenly layer the Kosher salt onto a baking sheet. Place the potatoes over the salt and bake for 60 minutes, until very tender when pierced with a knife.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the pulp into a mixing bowl. Pass the pulp through a food mill or a fine mesh strainer into a mixing bowl.
- Bring the butter and cream to a simmer in a medium size saucepot. Once the butter has melted pour liquid over the potatoes and using a spatula, mix until incorporated.
Mix the jalapeno puree with the mashed potatoes until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.