The taste is incredible!
Eaten with just a touch of sea salt or as part of a rich, hearty meal, bone marrow is a versatile, flavorful and affordable delicacy that is gaining popularity appearing on more and more menus in various presentations across the country. DeBragga.com is happy to now make quality bone marrow available for gourmet cooks to prepare at home.
Marrow Bones can be grilled, roasted, poached or simmered.
- Roasted and spread on toast
- Roasted, then marrow removed mixed with mushrooms and flavorings, then stuffed back into the bone
- Raw marrow removed from the bone, brined, rolled in flour, sauteed in oil and spread on bread or toast
- Simmered in broth or olive oil and then served with a spoon suitable for scooping out
Marrow Bones as an Accompaniment to Grilled or Roasted Beef
- Roast Beef (Prime Ribs, Cote de Boeuf, Beef Tenderloin)
- Steaks (Ribeye, Strip, Cowboy, T – Bone)
- Grilled Chops
Marrow Bones as an ingredient
- Traditional Stews
- French – Pot Au Feu
- Italian – Osso Bucco
- Vietnamese – Pho Noodle Soup
- Beef Stock
Once thought to be sinful because of its high cholesterol content, this source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals, is actually high in monounsaturated fats which decrease LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.