Recipe: Smoked Sea Salt Ribeye
LAURENT TOURONDEL'S RIBEYE STEAK RECIPE
2 Debragga Ribeye steaks (Buy Now)
1/2 cup liquid smoke
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Smoked Maldon Sea Salt, for serving
To Make Smoked Salt
Maldon Sea salt from England has a great flavor and the large flakes are perfect for smoking.
1 cup hickory chips
1 cup Maldon Sea Salt
Mound chips in the center of a pan and place over high heat. Light the chips and allow them to burn until they turn black. Reduce the heat to low. Line the perforated pan with foil and sprinkle sea salt evenly in the pan. Place the cover on top. Smoke the salt for 15 minutes over a low heat or in an oven at 400 degrees
Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. This will keep for several months.
To Prepare the Steaks
Heat oven to 400 degrees
1. Put the steaks on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Pour the liquid smoke in a shallow rimmed dish. Place the steaks in the dish and them allow to marinate 5 minutes on each side.
2. Heat a grill pan over high heat.
3. Season lightly with smoked salt and pepper.
4. Brush the steaks on both sides with the butter.
5. Place the steaks on the hot grill pan and sear about 3 minutes per side until a nice brown crust forms.
6. Transfer to the oven and continue cooking until it reaches the desired doneness, approximately 5 minutes for medium rare.
7. Remove the steaks from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
8. Slice into 1 thick pieces and season generously with the smoked Maldon salt.
|Print this page >>>|